Bernina B530 Sewing Machine
The Bernina B530 has a new clean-cut look. The push-button controls are nicely spaced out and easy to use. And you don’t need to be in the Signal Corps to work out the display screen. For quilters, you can use the BSR foot on your new Bernina B530, but you’ll have to buy the BSR foot as it doesn’t come with this model
>>> Read Next >>>
Sewing Essentials and Tips for Beginners
As it sometimes happen, we see a piece of clothing which grabs our attention due to its material, texture or patters but for some reason it’s the wrong size so we can’t buy it, other times we might be a little short on the “money department” which makes it impossible to buy designer clothing. All of these problems could easily be solved if only you knew how to sew. By learning this useful skill anyone can customize his/her wardrobe as well as those special items around the house; and just like many people who know how to sew can tell us, sewing your own clothing and other items can be significantly less expensive compared to buying them in stores.
Taking all of these factors in consideration we arrive to the conclusion that learning how to sew is important, especially if “fashion” is your thing, the steps and tips shown below can help you get started:
– The very first step for beginners involves getting acquainted with all of the sewing tools which will be used to modify and create pieces of clothing, a good way of doing just that is by either buying a used sewing machine or by borrowing one from a friend, if you happen to have the manual handy it is highly recommended to read it entirely, make sure to specially read the parts about safety steps since the last thing you want to do is hurt yourself while using one of these machines. Starting with an used machine will help you develop your skills and knowledge making it a lot easier on yourself when you decide to buy a bigger-more expensive machine. After following these steps it is also recommended to sign up for a sewing class because this is a skill you will need to develop gradually and there is no one better than a sewing teacher to help you master this art, these classes are quite common and can be found in community schools which start at different levels.
– Practice makes perfect, finding easy to follow sewing patterns to practice with will help you accomplish your goals. Start by sewing on simple pieces of clothing such as a shirts or even pillow covers, avoid having to sew complex patterns or sewing on expensive pieces of clothing you have just purchased; if for some reason you fail on the fist project the piece would be ruined, so do yourself a favor and keep it as simple as possible while learning.
– Give yourself time and be patient, the practice of sewing and learning how to sew requires a calmed and relaxed person so make sure you do not take too many drinks with sugar and caffeine, this will only make things harder for you. If you need to cut part of the clothing to make it the right size make sure you measure at least twice and be as precise as possible. The first few pieces might not fit your tastes or might have something wrong (too short, too long, etc.) do not be discouraged and keep practicing, at the end you’ll see it was all worth the wait.
Right after you finish your first project make sure to start on the next one. This will ensure all the things you have learned stay fresh in your memory and will help you to acquire new skills. Following these simple steps for beginners will ensure you learn how to sew the right way, giving you the great skill to later on customize/create your own clothing.
===> More Inspiration For Quilters, Click To Get Inspired! ===>
People Are Also Reading:
👉 Trending Now
- How To Hang Your Quilt Collection For Display? 8+ Unique Ideas For Decorating
- Quilts With Bears On Them
- 3 Best Sewing Machine For Marine Vinyl
👉 Quilt Solutions For Beginners
- Happy March 2021 Ideas: How To Celebrate National Craft Month For Quilters?
- How To Sew Accurate 1/4″ Seam Allowances?
- Quilt Making Secret Hacks, Advice, Techniques, Tips And Tricks Of The Day For Beginners
👉 Top Of The Line Sewing Machines & Reviews
- 3 Best Vintage New Home Sewing Machine
- Brother XL-3500 RF Sewing Machine
- Best Sewing Machine For Lycra
👉 Best Tips For Quilt Display