Monogramming is something of a lost art for most people, but embroiderers love to use this time-honored embroidery technique to create elegant gift items. There are literally thousands of different embroidery fonts to choose from, but the scripted fonts that are designed specifically for sewing and embroidery machines are the most elegant. These fonts have a classic look, which makes them an excellent option for monograms due to their versatility. When deciding which font to use for the monogram on an item that will be given as a present, it is important to keep the recipient’s character and preferences in mind.
The true secret to creating beautifully embroidered items is to position the letter on the fabric in the appropriate location. Here are some helpful hints that will guide you in selecting the ideal placement location and will ensure that your embroidery design is always neat and tidy.
- When it comes to napkins, there are two excellent spots for monogramming: the bottom right corner of the napkin and the middle of the napkin. If you use an embroidery sewing machine to create your design, especially for linen and cotton napkins, you should use a stabilizer that can be easily torn away. This will give your finished product a stunning appearance.
- Handkerchiefs The placement of a monogram on a handkerchief is typically most noticeable when it is confined to a single corner of the fabric. When you are making your design, you should make use of a stabilizer that is either water soluble or very light weight and easy to tear away. Because of this, there is less of a chance that the delicate handkerchief material will be damaged.
- Towels and washcloths have their initials embroidered in the middle of the washcloth, approximately two inches above the hem or border of the hand towel, and between two and four inches above the hem or border of the bath towel. It is best practice to place monograms on the reverse side of labels, and the most effective method for doing so is to use a topping stabilizer that is water soluble, tear-away, or spray adhesive.
- Shams and Pillowcases: The monogram should be positioned exactly in the middle of the sham. The monogram of the pillowcase should be positioned in the middle of the open end of the case, at least an inch or two away from the hem. The most successful embroidery and sewing machine embroidery projects use a stabilizer that is either water soluble or tear away.
===> More Inspiration For Quilters, Click To Get Inspired! ===>
People Are Also Reading:
👉 Trending Now
👉 Quilt Solutions For Beginners
- Secrets to Successful Sewing on the Bias
- How To Make More Time For Quilting?
- The Electric Quilt, Version 4.0
👉 Top Of The Line Sewing Machines & Reviews
- Janome Memory Craft 2040 Sewing Machine
- 3 Best Vintage New Home Sewing Machine
- Best Sewing Machine In South Africa
👉 Best Tips For Quilt Display