Monogramming is a bit of a lost art for most people, but embroiderers love to create elegant gift items using this traditional embroidering technique. There are literally thousands of embroidery fonts to choose from, but the most elegant are scripted fonts for embroidery and sewing machines. These fonts are traditional in appearance, making them a perfect choice for monogramming. If you’re giving the monogrammed item as a gift, take the personality and tastes of the receiver into mind when selecting your font.
The real trick to creating beautifully embroidered items is to place the letter in the correct location on your fabric. Here are some hints for selecting the right placement location and for achieving a nice, clean embroidery design every time.
- Napkins– There are two prime locations for monogramming napkins: the bottom right corner and the center of the napkin. Both present a beautiful appearance, provided you use a tear away stabilizer with your embroidery sewing machine when creating your design, especially for linen and cotton napkins.
- Handkerchiefs– Monogram placement on handkerchiefs is often the most striking when limited to a single corner. Use a water soluble or very light weight tear away stabilizer when creating your design. This limits the likelihood of damaging delicate handkerchief material.
- Towels and Washcloths– Washcloths are monogrammed in the center, hand towels to approximately 2 inches above the border or hem, and bath towels between 2 and 4 inches above the hem or border. Monograms should always be placed on the opposite side of labels and are best accomplished using a spray adhesive, tear away, or water soluble topping stabilizer.
- Shams and Pillowcases– Monograms on shams should be located dead center. Pillowcase monograms should be centered on the open end of the case, at least an inch or two from the hem. Embroidery and sewing machines embroidering with a water soluble or tear away stabilizer is best.
===> More Inspiration For Quilters, Click To Get Inspired! ===>
People Are Also Reading:
👉 Trending Now
- How To Hang Your Quilt Collection For Display? 8+ Unique Ideas For Decorating
- 5 Best Electric Sewing Machines
- Choosing The Right Embroidery Sewing Machine
👉 Quilt Solutions For Beginners
- Cute & Fun Batik Cat Quilt Pattern For Animal Loving Quilters
- 5 Things Beginning Quilters Should Know
- A Simple Border Idea – Repeat the Blocks in a Different Color Scheme
👉 Top Of The Line Sewing Machines & Reviews
- Singer 4423 Sewing Machine Review 2021
- Janome Memory Craft 2040 Sewing Machine
- 3 Best Sewing Machine For Marine Vinyl
👉 Best Tips For Quilt Display