You can take great photos of your quilts with your digital camera.
- Taking photos outside (especially on a hazy day) is best. But you can experiment with your flash or set up near a window.
- Take a shot “straight on” to get the whole quilt. It’s hard to see a quilt on a bed.
- Take one or more close-ups too.
The technical stuff is incredibly easy.
- Look at the “Quality” settings on your camera.
- Choose: Email or Website or UGA or 640 x 480. Those are all the same (the lowest resolution).
But if you have large files, they can easily be made email-friendly. With a few clicks on Photoshop, you’re done.
Depends on the propose of the photos, you might need to resize them for upload or online submission.